Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's A GIRL!






On Monday, May 19 at 6:27 pm my little sister Janetta gave birth to a beautiful little girl. Sonja Renee weighed 6 lbs 10 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. It was one of the most peaceful, and spiritual births I have ever been to and I have attended quite a few births. Nettie invited me,Suzie,my Mom and of course Shawn...(the baby's Daddy)to be there. We all met at the hospital at 6am and the nurses started Nettie on pitocin to get some contractions going. Shawn, Suzie and I rotated turns pushing on her knees to relieve the contractions...(that is a good biceps workout...I was seriously feeling the burn after 5 minutes or so.) hee hee at around 2 pm they gave her an epidural. At 4:30pm the Doctor broke her water and at 6:27pm Sonja was born. She came out wide eyed and looking around the room at everyone. The nurses had to rub and squeeze her to get her to cry. Everyone was crying and couldn't believe the eyelashes on that baby. She has some serious sweepers. I hope the best for Nettie and Shawn as they begin a new chapter in their life as a family.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

what a nice sister to have a big audience with her first baby. thanks for sending me pictures of the baby. She is so stinking cute!!