Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Sister Velvet's experience


I have hesitated adding this onto my blog for fear of offending someone....so please don't be offended.This is where I came from and some might find it interesting....who knows? It is a sight I check regularly because I have alot of family and friends involved in this travesty. I do have alot of mixed emotions about the raid on the Texas polygamist group but it puts a new twist on it when it's your own family involved. I found out just recently that my little sister Velvet who is 31 years old has a little 13 month old girl who was taken in this raid. Velvet was still nursing her when she was taken. When I found this site on the FLDS I was able to see my sister for the first time in 10 years....and yes I used a half box of kleenex. If you click on my link that says "Velvets Experience", then the top right hand link (Captive flds children), and then click the video (happy children), my sister Velvet' little girl is in the first picture wearing a green dress and Velvet is the second picture shown wearing a yellow dress with her little girl on her shoulders. My heart goes out to these Mothers and children. I can't imagine what I would do if someone took my children away from me....they are my life!! I do NOT agree with underage marriages for sure but I grew up in Colorado city and I know these people are genuine,good hearted, hardworking, loving parents. I was never abused as a child. There is never a day go by, that I don't wonder how on earth my Mother raised 13 children and remained as calm, sweet and loving as she was. She is my angel. My brother Carl has hired an attorney and we are trying to get temporary custody of Velvet's little one with her blessing. Velvet would way rather someone in the family have her instead of the Texas CPS.....that is, if she is not allowed to take her back. After a month of being seperated, Velvet was finally able to see her little girl last Monday for one hour and she said her little eyes were glassy and glazed as if CPS had been drugging her.(They have proven this because there are 5 children in a coma today because of overdoses given by CPS....no kidding) When "Velvet Rose" noticed her mother she threw her arms around her mommy in a tight grip and would not let go. It breaks my heart to imagine what she is going through...both of them. Any hew...thanks for listening to my rambles...just another experience in life that will either make me bitter or better:)

6 comments:

Tiffani said...

your words about your sister and her baby made me cry. I'm not sure how I could keep going everyday not knowing where my kids were or how they were being treated. I don't even like to think about it. I hope everything gets resolved soon.

Tamara said...

Liz, I felt the same as Tiffani when I read your post. On a totally unrelated note: if you'll send me a message to teejw@msn.com I can "invite" you to my blog.

laceeJ said...

I have mixed emotions, too. You grew up there, and so did my father-in-law and hmmm.... well...mixed emotions sums it up pretty well. HOwever, I feel so sorry for your sister. That's so sad to not see your baby! That's just the same age as my Shalyce! I would go insane! I hope it all gets figured out for the best of everyone.

Mike said...

A week being away from Will (and at that time knowing he was in good hands and happy) I couldn't wait to get back to him. I cannot imagine how these mothers and thier children feel- being away from each other and not knowing when or if they will be together again. SAD SAD SAD situation!
I feel for those children as well- they are surely sad, scared and confused. Will was so cute with hugs and kisses to all of us when we got home- I know he missed us!! - the California news said the children were returned to thier parents? What is that about?

Lisa said...

by the way- that last comment was from me not mike- I'm not sure how his name showed up from my page???

Wubie said...

Hey Lisa...Yes the news is true! A judge in texas finally agreed to let the children go back to their parents...with alot of stipulations. At least they finally have them back in their arms and are able to begin the long journey of healing. I am thankful that Velvet has her little girl back. Velvet said she had chickenpocks last week and that it was so hard to leave her and not be able to care for her. Anyhew...a happy ending after all...YEAH!