Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Fun!


My sister Suzie & I got a wild hair and decided to take 17 kids to the Washington park. I had my four girls + Matthew and Baylee. She had her 9 children + 2 little boys she was babysitting. WOAH that's alot of kids to keep track of. Being summertime and all the kids are chompin at the bit to do something fun EVERYDAY. So, we slapped some sandwiches together, bought a few watermelons and drinks and we were off. We stayed at the park for 5 hours. At first the kids played on the playground and just dipped their toes in the water. Before long they were in up to their knees...and before we knew it a few of them had fallen in and were drenched so we thought what the heck.... HAVE FUN! It was an all out water fight war...kids against the moms. We showed them who's the boss. Just kidding...I can run faster scared than they can mad...or however that saying goes...hee hee The kids had a blast catching guppies, crawdads, swimmimg and having water fights. Suzie and I played a game of half court basketball with Jay and Kyle. Helllllo.....My body doesn't function how it "usedtacould". My brain says run and my body says yep whatever.Ok, so it's not that bad but it was a definate reality check that I'm not getting any younger. Right as we were thinking about packing up and heading home Jennifer Blansett (Baylee & Matthew's mom) showed up with 17 slushies from sonic! Not the small ones but the big gulps. She is such a sweetie. That was the icing on the cake to a fun summer afternoon.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

holy smoke you and susy are brave to take that many little kids to the park. It looks like you had a blast though. Brownie buttons for you both!!