Saturday, July 19, 2008

Our New Puppy





Today we were in ST George running a few errands and we passed a couple sitting on the grass with a big sign that read (Chihuahua puppies for sale). The kids all unanimously started to squeal,"please can we just stop and look at them Daddy please?" So Kim being the tenderhearted person that he is said OK. Holli has been wanting to get a little friend for Chewy for a long time so this was just perfect.The puppies are 1/2 chihuahua and 1/2 Pomeranian. They were selling the little girl dogs for $250.00 and the boys for $200.00. This price was by far the best we have seen for this cute of a mix...SO, after alot of PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Kim agreed as long as the girls pay for it themselves. They all agreed and were able to come up with the scheckles out of their savings accounts. Next we just had to decide which one was the cutest. My favorite was the runt...a little girl dog. The people selling the dogs would not budge on the price so the girls picked the next cutest one a boy...the fattest one of them all. They all agreed on the name Rocky with his nickname being Rocko. After a quick stop at Petco we headed home with our newest little family member. Alley made the comment..."This is almost as fun as having a new little brother." Kim chuckled under his breath and mumbled, "and alot cheaper too." Chewy seems to get along with Rocko just fine other than Rocko thinks Chewy is his Momma and trys to nurse Chewy...hummmm not a good situation..hee hee The kids are so thrilled with it...Now comes the fun part...potty training:)

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

He is so cute! I like him even more because he is at your house and we can visit whenever you let us and leave him at your house without any responsibility. And a puppy is just like having another child. So, congratulations on your new addition!

fourangels said...

Wow, you're brave! But I guess your baby is 5! I'm slowing dipping my toe in the water at the thought of a puppy! Like Tiff, I'll just come visit with my kids!

laceeJ said...

I let my pup (9 months old now) in the house after he's been permanently kicked outside for a month and within 5 minutes he'd chewed up 2 of corbin's new toys! I felt sorry for him in the heat, but I guess I need to stock up on the rawhide chewy toys before I let him in again. Do you have a sliding glass door? I do and we bought a doggy door that fits into the sliding glass door that comes in really handy...congrats on the pup! He's cute!