Friday, February 13, 2009

Holli's Room





When we asked Holli what she wanted for Christmas this past December she thought about it for a minute and said, "Hummmm I think I perty much have everything I need and want, BUT there is one thing I know you wont let me get." She said it was the "IN THING" right now in her freshman year of high school to RE DO your room into a more Adult looking room and not "6th grade" look. ALL she wanted was to re paint, carpet, new furniture, curtains, pictures for the wall and that about does it. Well, that definitely wasn't gonna happen. SO, we compromised and agreed to buy her a much needed bed IF she paid half of it. She has been babysitting and doing lots of extra chores to pay it off. Once she paid off the bed she started earning money for a new bed spread, curtains and frames from the iron station. This has been her main focus for a few months now. It's amazing how determined she can be when she sets her mind to something. All in all I think it turned out perty cute. It is still a work in progress. She is saving up to get curtains for her other window. Her bed is really comfy too...(The other night after watching TV for a few hours Kim and I walked into our room to find all four girls in OUR bed fast asleep SO...we decided we would just go sleep in Holli's bed.) It was kinda fun for a change.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

her room turned out amazing! I love the bedspread adn curtains!! How fun!