Friday, April 3, 2009

Cricker Attire...hee hee


Today has been a lazy hum drum day. I was surfin the net and came across this web site. I thought it was interesting. If ya ever wanted to learn how to do "Plig braids" then this web site is for you:) Ok Ok everybody who knows me knows that I am just poking fun...I still love my Family and friends...Once a cricker always a cricker..Take a peek just for kicks:)just copy the link and paste it into your search bar.
http://www.fldscrafts.com/index.php
http://www.truthwillprevail.org/index.php?parentid=1&index=164

3 comments:

laceeJ said...

oh just what I wanted! Thanks! ha ha! Those braids remind me of a Roly Poly Potato Bug....for some reason.;) Well a hybrid of that and a Poop Sack that is placed underneath a Clydesdale pulling a buggie...I know I'm crazy, sorry. Please Blog about the significance of the "wave"....I NEED TO KNOW. I don't dare ask any of Dave's cousins....I guess you're as close as I"m going to get. :)

Lisa said...

They need to make sure step one is don't ever cut your hair- becasue darnit I could never do those styles- my hair is just too short... LOL :)

Wubie said...

The significance of the wave...Hummmm All I know is I remember asking my Mom this question as a teenager. She told me that when Marion Hammon was one of the head Priesthood leaders one of his wives started combing their hair in waves. Marion liked it so much that he asked all his family to comb their hair that way also...anyhew...as the story was told to me, The people slowly addapted to that style of hair and somehow it became mandatory. When I was a teenager someone in the town started doing their hair in a poof..yeah know the poof hairdooo, lol Anyhew, it slowly became the new cool instyle hairdo. I'm not sure if anyone really knows why they do it like that specifically. I think they all just want to FIT IN so to speak. You would have to grow up there to undestand. It all makes since if ya live there. I know my Dad once told me that it was a requirment of the "Priesthood Leaders" to "keep your hair combed up nicely". Hanging hair was a sign of rebellion back in the day. Anyhew I hope that explains a little. It still doesn't make since to me;)