Thursday, July 17, 2008

Kraftie Kapcsos Kreations...

















How is that for a tongue twister? About a month ago I was trying to think up something fun and inexpensive that the girls could do during the LONG and boring job filled summer days...just kidding...Holli said ,"Mom I need some fun in my life...something besides boring old jobs...like scrap booking or sewing or..." So it started with the girls (Holli & Lindsay) sewing me some bibs. Once they sewed up a few I had a brainstorm. Maybe they could sell their bibs and make some money. Hurricane peach days is coming up the last week in August so we decided it would be a fun thing for the girls to have a craft booth at Peach Days and earn a little extra spending money. Everyday they think of another idea and another idea....they have twelve that they are working on now. They are all inexpensive and fun...Who knows maybe they wont make TONS of money like they are hoping but at least it will keep them entertained and busy during these last few weeks of summer. So far we have about 40 bibs and maybe 100 hair bows. I hope if nothing else the girls will learn some sewing skills and develop a few talents. It is fun to watch the delight in their eyes when they complete a craft. We are still trying to think of a unique name to name our booth...Kraftie Kapcsos Kreations is a little to much KKK...Any Ideas?

1 comment:

fourangels said...

How neat that they love to sew. Not too many of us left these days! I bet you are so proud of their accomplishments. I'm sure they will do great at Peach Days. Maybe if I don't get all my stuff done you can send them my way! ha, ha!