Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to School!


Lindsay and Holli sporting the newest Hollister digs....


Best Buds always stick together....especially on the first day of school.


Lindsay was so excited to not be in elementary anymore! She is ready for something more challenging.


Sisters and Friends!

Alley and Mrs. Blad

Jenna and Mrs. Nielson










The girls were all so excited to go back to school today. After the long lazy summer of sleeping in until whenever we felt like getting up and going to bed whenever we felt like it, I was a little stressed that I might not hear my alarm clock. But, just like clock work I awoke at 5:30 am and started the day. The morning went really smooth since we weren't rushed for time. All the girls were ready to go by 7:30am. This year Holli is going into 9th grade (high school), Lindsay is going into 6th grade (intermediate), Alley is going into 3rd grade (Mrs. Blad), and my baby **sniff sniff** Jenna is going into Kindergarten (Mrs. Nielson). It is a new beginning for each of them and hopefully we will have a great year filled with good memories, friends, laughter and learning. Last night we sat down and wrote some family goals for this school year...Also, yesterday Holli tried out for the high school volleyball team. There were 28 girls who tried out and only 12 were picked. This morning they were able to see the results of who made the team and she was SOOOO nervous and hopeful that she made it and guess what she found out? SHE MADE IT!! wahoooo. Today after school they actually have one more elimination round where they cut 3 more girls so Holli is keeping her fingers crossed. She wants this worse than anything. She told me," Mom I finally found something I really LOVE". Keep your fingers crossed.

UPDATE: Just a little update to let ya know that Holli made the second cut so she is on the team. YEAH!! I am so proud of her and excited for her. She really really wanted this:)

4 comments:

Tiffani said...

I don't know why I didn't even realize that Holli was going to be able to play highschool volleyball! Good Luck Holli. Try-outs are always stressfull. The girls all looked so cute in their new clothes. You all color coordinated very well!

fourangels said...

Your girls are so cute! New beginnings are always frightening. I'm sure they (and you) will do just fine! Great job to Holli for making the team.

Lisa said...

Cute girls! First day is always the most fun! I am excited to have Jenna in my class- so far she wonderful! Congrats tp Holli!

laceeJ said...

yay HOlli! glad you found your love of an awesome sport! I think I'd rather fall off a horse, than do those scary dives to save the ball, though! You are one TOUGH girl! ;) My sister played volleyball and club volleyball, and she loved it, and i LOVED watching her! FUN sport to watch& play!