Friday, September 19, 2008

Rodeo time in southern Utah WAHooooo:)



Thursday night I took the girls to the St George rodeo. It is an annual event that our family loves to go to. I normally go to my college class Thursdays, but since Thursday night was FREE kid night, I took the Wednesday night lab class instead. I just think sometimes ya have to put Family first! I am sure it's not going to be that easy when I get a job...sniff sniff.... We got there an hour early so we were able to get really great seats. Holli had a volleyball game that night so she wasn't able to come. BUT, since I bought a few tickets for the "Fat Beef" give away and some tickets for the "gun" giveaway on Saturday night we may just have to go again on Saturday and take Holli:) I know I am weird but I remember going to the rodeo when I was a kid. I looked forward to it every year. So the tradition continues:) I assigned Lindsay to be the photographer lady with my camera. She took some perty cute pics of Alley and Jenna. I had to trick her to get one of her...You know how kids are when they get older..."No, don't take one of me...I am ugly." etc...She is such a funny.My favorite part of the rodeo has to be the mutton bustin and the bull riding. During the dull riding one of the cowboys who had just completed his 8 seconds was walking over to the side when the bull ran over and threw him up in the air. He did a complete back flip and landed on his feet. It was the weirdest thing I have ever seen. ...well almost...but the cowboy didn't even see the bull charging him. Thank goodness he was ok. The bull fighter clowns did a great job! We got home perty late for a school night but that's ok...It was worth it!

3 comments:

fourangels said...

Oh my goodness. I can't believe I forgot this was coming. I love this time of year! Looks like you had a blast. Great job on camera, Lindsay.

~*Holli*~ said...

dang it wish i could have gone!

Tiffani said...

I can't believe we didn't see each other there. (I mean it wasn't like there were 100's of people there! lol). Tanner thought the "Flipping" cowboy was the coolest thing. Lucky he didn't get hurt.