Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Parents














With Thanksgiving fresh on my mind I thought I would post a little comment about my Parents. I am so thankful for their example to me in my life. The older I get, the deeper my appreciation grows for them. They are the most loving, genuine, hard working couple I have ever met. They would give the shirt off their back to anyone. My Dad spent yesterday in the ER with stomach pains. He had a bad case of pancreatitis a few years ago that almost took his life. He also is having problems with glaucoma, a bad shoulder and other aches and pains. He always jokes around about it and never complains. My Mom has also had some health problems with heart pains, acid reflex, etc... It really scares me to think of losing my parents. SO, as a tribute to Thanksgiving I am SO thankful for my Parents and hope I can be half the parent to my children that they were to me.

2 comments:

laceeJ said...

WOw I can totally see the Jessop resemblance in your dad...meaning that he looks a lot like our Jessop family.;)

fourangels said...

What a beautiful post! You are a shining example to them. I'm sure they are just as proud of you. Where would we be without our parents? Having our own children definitely brings us full circle.