Saturday, December 13, 2008

How often do you get a chance like this?

Jenna was just a little excited!


















My sister Suzie called me last Saturday evening and said a friend of ours was going to be giving free helicopter rides the next morning out to the Colorado City airport and wondered if our family wanted to come. I told her I would think about it and call her back in a minute because I had to teach a lesson in church the next day. Well I hummed and hawed about it for an hour or so trying to figure out how to make everything work..Then Kim said, "Liz how often do you get the chance to ride in an 8 million dollar helicopter for free??" SO, I called her back and said yes. I am sure glad I did! We were out to the airport by 8:30 AM the next morning. It was incredible to fly over Zions and El capitan. The helicopter seats 6 people....kinda like a little mini-van in the sky. I didn't once feel scared or nervous. It was a smooth ride and the view of Zions from a helicopter was awesome! The second picture is of the entrance to the tunnel in Zions. The third pic is flying over the top of Angels Landing. We flew right above it and we could see people on top waving at us. That is quite the hike to get on top of there..scared me just a little! The fourth pic is a birds eye view of Colorado City. AND the fifth pic of course is of my Family. Good times! Around 10:30am we hurried back to Hurricane and made it in time to go to church. Schewwww. Jeremy, the one who owns the helicopter, is a family friend who lives in St George. He has a heart of gold and will take anyone who wants a ride, for a ride, anytime. All you have to do is call him. WOW, How would it be to have that kind of money, huh? I would LOVE to have enough money to be comfortable with no stress of bills, etc yet still be able to help people who are really poor. That would be complete happiness to me. Today while in St George, the girls and I saw a homeless man sitting outside of Walmart. It was the saddest sight, with all the hustle and bustle of the season to see this lonely, frail old man laying out on the cold sidewalk. It just broke my heart. I borrowed a $20.00 bill from Holli since I was broke and handed it to him. He was so grateful and just acted like it made his day! His eyes welled up with tears. Afterwards the girls said, "Mom would if he just goes and buys drugs or alcohol with that money?" I said, "Well, Heavenly Father knows the intent of every ones heart. All we can do is treat others how we would want to be treated. Everyone has free agency to do as they please but I am sure the good intentions we do in this life will not go un noticed in the hereafter." I hope my girls grow up to be giving, loving adults who treat others kindly..no matter what! I also told them that we don't know what that man has been through in his life. We are not his judge. All we can do is be a friend and if we can help him then do it! That feeling you get when you know you have made a difference to someone is so cool. So my point is....ramble ramble...hah ha IF I had millions and millions of dollars like Jeremy It would be extremely rewarding to help people in need.

No comments: