Saturday, December 13, 2008

I had another weak moment.....


















This afternoon while walking into Walmart we came upon this basket of Maltese puppies for sale. The girls just wanted to "LOOK" at them. They were selling like hotcakes. We picked up this little female and our hearts just melted. It took me about 10 seconds to say "OK we will take her". Even though we already have 2 dogs at home "Roxie" just fits in already. Thank Goodness we have a big backyard! The girls are having a hoot dressing her up in doll clothes and trying to decide on a name. The people who owned her before named her "Twinkie". Our girls dubbed her Roxie because she is going to marry Rocky, our other dog, (or so they say) and have lots of puppies. Kids are so funny. I think it would be fun to have a batch of puppies someday and let the kids experience birth and taking care of them. We will see how the next 6 months go. Rocky is not very photogenic. I had to laugh when I saw this picture of him. He looks a little psycho...He is doing alot better...If we could just get his humping under control.ha ha.... I bought him this little caterpillar doggie toy the other day and boy is he ever in love with that toy.Every single time I look out the back window he is going to town on it. He is a funny little dog. Chewy on the other hand is a definite keeper. We will never give him up. He is just part of the fam. He lives inside with us. Rocky plays outside in the back yard all day and sleeps in a crate in the garage at night. When he gets his humping under control I might dare let him stay inside. Roxie is living in our BIG Christmas tree box until she figures out the potty training thing. I am so mean...I just don't like the idea of dog poop and peep all over my carpets.

4 comments:

Lindsay Lou said...

Mommy i love my puppy Roxie!! thanx for gettin her for us!!

laceeJ said...

how cute! My poor little shitzu that we got last year is now outside with the lab. With us remodeling & all I haven't had time to get him groomed to bring him back inside. I'm kinda enjoying no accidents (especially on the new flooring). Now about your little humper...is he fixed yet? That might stop the habit after he gets fixed.

Tiffani said...

She is so cute! I love that she is all dressed up in doll clothes!

mommy princess said...

Oh, How cute! Three dogs isn't such a bad thing if you have help taking care of them and a fenced in back yard. Good luck.